- Identification, screening, selection, hiring management and supervision of project consultants
- Elaboration of Contracts and Terms of References of the consultants
- Establishment of the project administration structures, ensuring its efficient operation
- Provide programmatic coordination, supervision and monitoring of the project implementation process
- Management of required inputs delivery, and ensuring of planned outputs as per project document, work plan and the budget
- Supervision of regular monitoring and evaluation process of the project activities
- Provision of necessary liaison between stakeholders Government, UNFPA and EU
- Regular provision of visibility material to the EU in close coordination with UNFPA management
Reporting and accountability:
- The Project Coordinator will work under the supervision of UNFPA Armenia Assistant Representative.
- The Project Coordinator is directly accountable to UNFPA Armenia Assistant Representative.
- The Project Coordinator shall prepare interim and final progress and financial status reports as required by UNFPA and EU rules and regulations.
- Post-graduate University Degree or equivalent in social science, legal and human rights matters or other related field with focus on gender and GBV issues.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in managerial and administrative work with international or civil society organizations. Working experience in the area of Gender and Gender Based Violence is required.
- Experience in negotiating with international donors and professional organizations.
- Ability to analyze problems, make recommendations and present proposals for improvement or changes in policies and procedures; ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion.
- Knowledge of the European Union structures and reporting requirements incl. visibility requirements will be an asset.
- Experience in working in collaboration with government, development partners and civil society organizations is required.
- Strong expertise in financing schemes.
Fluency in English, Armenian, and Russian.
Proficiency in current office software applications.
To apply for the mentioned position, please submit the hard copy of your CV and Cover Letter to the UN House Guards booth (address: 14 P. Adamyan Str., Yerevan) and sign/date the registration form available with the UN Guards upon submission of your application. Please note, that late applications will not be considered. UNFPA will be able to respond only to those applicants in whom the organization has a further interest.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV/ AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/ AIDS status.
OPENING DATE: February 02, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 15, 2017, 17:00
ABOUT COMPANY: UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programs to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.